I love Oh She glows, healthy recipes and recipes that are luxurious and rich and so tasty! I used non-vegan ingredients – and they turned out so so good! I recommend keeping them in the freezer and enjoying cold!
I used mini-muffin cups, the few I made in large ones were special treats as a birthday gift, bride gift, and awesome-boyfriend gift. It was great to have snack size and full dessert size!
Vegan Peanut Butter Cups [Oh She Glows]
“This recipe took a total of 20 minutes to make- including clean up! They require no baking as well. What could be easier than that!? “-Oh She Glows
Melt in medium saucepan over medium heat:
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine (or just butter :) )
- 3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter (preferably unsalted)
- 3/4 cup vegan graham cracker crumbs or 10 graham cracker squares (or non-vegan!)
- 1/4 cup Turbinado sugar (brown sugar probably works too) (I used brown!)
Evenly divide the mixture, approximately 2 T. per cup, among the muffin cups.
Remove mixture from heat
Combine in another pan
- 1 cup grain-sweetened, nondairy chocolate or carob chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (YUM! of course I used almond millk!)
Spoon chocolate mixture on top of the PB mixture
- 2 T chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- 1 T chia seeds, for garnish (optional)
- 1-2 T ground almonds, for garnish (optional)
Place in the freezer for 60-75 minutes until firm.
I topped with all three and have been using chia seeds lately to top muffins too!