Two recipes tonight!
Peach Salsa and Zucchini Black Bean Quesadillas with Q for the VMAs!
Both were healthy, fresh, and so flavorful! Lots of chopping, but very easy!
Recipes after the jump.
Grilled Corn, Peach and Basil Salsa (makes about 3 cups)
Salsa Recipe came from Diana! Thanks Diana, it was awesome!
- 4 ears grilled corn, cut off the cob (I used drained canned corn, which I let ‘grill’ in a skillet for a while)
- 2 large peaches, chopped (used white peaches which were very apple-like texture, which may have contributed to the less than juicy salsa, but still delicious!)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (used 2 Roma Tomatoes)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 6 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- a few fresh squeezes of lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients together and toss.
- Season with the salt and pepper, then mix again.
“I find the salsa is best one it’s sat together for 2-4 hours. Refrigerate leftovers for up to one week.” -Diana
Zuchinni and Black Bean Quesadillas – from Veggie Table
- 2 pounds zucchini, grated
- 1½ t salt
- 30 oz cooked or canned black beans, drained
- 12 oz Monterey Jack, grated
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced (used poblano pepper for a tad less spice)
- 8 eight-inch flour tortillas
- olive oil
- Toss zucchini with salt in the colander, and squeeze out excess water.
- Combine zucchini with beans, cheese, green onions, and jalapeño.
- Brush one side of each tortilla with oil. Place four tortillas oil side down and spread each with one fourth of the zucchini-bean mixture. Top each one with an oil-side-up tortilla.
- place one quesadilla in a frying pan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side, until golden.
And thanks Q for letting me use your kitchen to cook up this tastiness! Glad you enjoyed it!
Salsa was really good, but quesadillas definitely won the tasty award tonight!