Sautéed vegetables are soooo delicious! and easy!
basic recipe after the jump
Ingredients (this is a whatever you have on hand recipe, so ingredients vary!)
Here is an idea of what I like to use!
- olive oil
- fresh broccoli, cut up into pieces
- salt and pepper
- Brussel sprouts – sliced into 1/4 in pieces or so
- zucchini/squash etc
- potato – gold yukon potatoes, sliced thin
- bell pepper, cut into strips
- Cut up veggies however you desire, try to keep sizes equal or add veggies to pan in order of how long they will take to cook
- Heat up large skillet/saute pan
- add oil, turn down heat if it’s spattering
- add veggies (I like to add onions first so they get almost carmelized)
- stir a lot, add more oil if sticking to pan
- add salt and pepper
BONUS ingredient: buy mrs. T’s mini pierogies (potato filled pasta with other tasty ingredients too!) They can be found in the frozen food section at Hyvee and Walmart, but not everywhere!
Sauté for the last 7 minutes with your vegetables