5 Job Search Mistakes to AvoidPosted: March 2, 2012
- Update your resume with the wrong dates so that it looks like you’ve been out of work for a year, instead of a month. (For any employers reading this, I worked at ER Marketing from Feb 2011-Feb 2012)
- Don’t bother keeping a record or examples of work you’ve done.
- Forget to attach your resume to an email, even if you email it 30 seconds later, it’s too late.
- Don’t practice interview questions
- Bring a notepad to the interview, but forget to bring a pen.
Oh, and you should probably leave your business card case in the HR department, that will look professional too. I’ve made a few mistakes, done the third one a few times, in a row. But I’m still confident that I’ll find somewhere. If only I can stop making dumb mistakes in a first impression world!
Any tips or funny job mistakes to avoid? Much Appreciated.